Cashmere's log - Day 12

>> Saturday, October 31, 2009

I think I could get used to this. This is the nicest campground I have ever seen. Our site backs up to a playground and all of the kids stop by to pet me. There is a soft, sandy, sunny spot right under the swings that I like to lay in. I can keep my eye on mom and dad as they walk over to a nearby building to wash dishes, take a shower in what mom says is like a hotel bathroom, or walk over to get their free coffee every morning. They even washed all my bedding over there (which I thought smelled just fine). And ever since I had that little "accident" when they left me in the camper for a few hours and my tummy hurt they started obsessively taking me for walks. I think I counted 246 the evening of the "incident" as they kept telling me to "go potty" but I was done with that for days. So we just keep walking... and walking... and walking...





The only downfall is they now leave me tied up outside when they go out. Yesterday they went to go exploring the beach but ended up spending all day at the Chevy place getting the car fixed. Then they tried to got to the beach but it started raining so they went bowling instead and then brought home some Chinese food and sat on the bed eating it and watching movies. I don't understand why they are no longer sharing food with me? Mom had an accident the same night that I did which involved trying to open a window in the camper, a pitcher getting knocked over and then spilling a wine glass all over the floor that she had just cleaned 697 times after what I did. But she is still allowed to stay in the camper and eat fun food. Life is not fair sometimes!

1 comments:

Amanders November 1, 2009 at 10:36 AM  

Cashmere, I adore your log entries! Sorry about your accident sweetie =( Hang in there!

blogger back story

my wife and i have had a fairly mundane life so far. we live in northern delaware where we met, fell in love, bought a house and got married. we enjoy traveling, camping, surfing and eating well and we do not have any children. we are in our mid-thirties and have average careers, not glamorous or high paying, but consistent none the less. as time passes day to day in our mundane life there has been something growing stronger inside of us for years. that something is the need to break out of our slumber and live life to the fullest. we want to see the world and find a place by the edge of the sea to call home and open our own business. we keep revisiting this idea, reinventing the plan, but never following through. last december we got serious... we wrote down goals, step by step, to move towards achieving our dreams. we created a budget and decided we could feasible travel in our pop-up camper for 3 months exploring the coast in search for the place we wanted to live. we saved money for traveling, we got our house appraised, we worked on curb appeal & we sold cumbersome unessential possessions. last big step was to sell our house and our target was September. we finally got our house on the market on friday, september 25. we had
several contingency plans for different times when it would sell. to our astonishment the house sold in 48 hours!

on surfing

in 2004 my parents took my entire family on a Hawaiian cruise. during this cruise i had a life altering experience... a surf lesson on the island of maui. being a water person already, i immediately i had a definitive connection with surfing. upon arrival back in delaware i went out and purchased my first surf board. i started surfing the local breaks occasionally. i got my closest friends into it and they too ended up buying boards. occasionally turned into frequently and then every day off of work. my first board turned into several and then into a quiver. surfing started as a hobby, a mere fascination and now is a lifestyle that provides me spiritual well being. the connection to a higher power is never more present than during a good dawn session. out in the line up the stressful hustle bustle of life melts away and i can get quiet with god and recharge my internal battery. i'm sure surfing means different things to different people, but for me it is about the soul. i feel i am a better person because what surfing does for me and i will pursue that feeling for the rest of my life.

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP