Cashmere's log - Day 26

>> Friday, November 20, 2009


What a long and eventful week this has been! It started out very bad. Mom & dad were so excited to visit a place called "Coco Beach" and we traveled there to stay at jetty park and we pulled into the campground, the guy took one look at me at me and said "NO WAY!" we do not allow dogs in campers. I guess that was to protect the hundreds of cats running around. That place was no good anyway, so we kept going to Sebastian Inlet. Things took a turn for the worse when we arrived late at night and as they were putting up the camper one of the cables snapped. They managed to set it up with that magical stuff dad calls duck tape. The next morning the ranger came by saying that someone complained about me. As she walked up I lifted my head from the grass and said "woof" before laying back down. I have never been so offended! So we left.


Next stop was a place called Lake Worth. I loved the new spot as I had plenty of grass to lay in. I also discovered the inner huntress in me as I chased two raccoons up a tree. My only regret is that I didn't ask them first how they can open the cooler with my food and treats as that is a skill I would like to learn. A bunch of people showed up and dad made friends with all of them as usual. mom stumbled into the camper late sat night and I hope that she did not embarrass herself by falling asleep in her chair by the fire in front of strangers. I like it here but I was not allowed on the beach and I was invited to dinner by my friend Riley's grandmom but mom and dad did not take me. I was so looking forward to checking out the night life at delray beach, but again I have been left out of the fun.


Well we are off again to a new location although I am worried the camper might not make it. Good thing I am used to being outside and quite frankly prefer it now.

1 comments:

Riley November 23, 2009 at 10:55 AM  

Sorry you missed dinner with my grandmom Cashmere, it is great fun to eat outside when you can, love those table side scraps from everyone.

blogger back story

my wife and i have had a fairly mundane life so far. we live in northern delaware where we met, fell in love, bought a house and got married. we enjoy traveling, camping, surfing and eating well and we do not have any children. we are in our mid-thirties and have average careers, not glamorous or high paying, but consistent none the less. as time passes day to day in our mundane life there has been something growing stronger inside of us for years. that something is the need to break out of our slumber and live life to the fullest. we want to see the world and find a place by the edge of the sea to call home and open our own business. we keep revisiting this idea, reinventing the plan, but never following through. last december we got serious... we wrote down goals, step by step, to move towards achieving our dreams. we created a budget and decided we could feasible travel in our pop-up camper for 3 months exploring the coast in search for the place we wanted to live. we saved money for traveling, we got our house appraised, we worked on curb appeal & we sold cumbersome unessential possessions. last big step was to sell our house and our target was September. we finally got our house on the market on friday, september 25. we had
several contingency plans for different times when it would sell. to our astonishment the house sold in 48 hours!

on surfing

in 2004 my parents took my entire family on a Hawaiian cruise. during this cruise i had a life altering experience... a surf lesson on the island of maui. being a water person already, i immediately i had a definitive connection with surfing. upon arrival back in delaware i went out and purchased my first surf board. i started surfing the local breaks occasionally. i got my closest friends into it and they too ended up buying boards. occasionally turned into frequently and then every day off of work. my first board turned into several and then into a quiver. surfing started as a hobby, a mere fascination and now is a lifestyle that provides me spiritual well being. the connection to a higher power is never more present than during a good dawn session. out in the line up the stressful hustle bustle of life melts away and i can get quiet with god and recharge my internal battery. i'm sure surfing means different things to different people, but for me it is about the soul. i feel i am a better person because what surfing does for me and i will pursue that feeling for the rest of my life.

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP